Youth Performance focuses on educating young athletes on the mechanics of how their bodies move in a fun and engaging environment. By introducing the Dynamic Fitness Training System (DFTS™), kids learn the basics of correct biomechanics, as well as a foundation for future movement and sport progression. Mastering the basic movement patterns, children learn to use their bodies safely on the field of play, reducing risk of injury. The purpose of youth performance begins to shift to an increase of athletic potential and stressors they will encounter in sport situations. Athletes will experience an age-appropriate training progression that includes how to correctly transition and progress in areas of weight lifting, speed, and agility.
Program Focus: Motor behavior
- Proper Biomechanics – perfecting movement and exercise development relative to body strength
- Balance and Stability – learning motor control in all planes of motion and importance of core stability
- Strength Development – age-appropriate weight room training progression
- Plyometric Capability & Development – practicing proper elastic and explosive patterns improving speed and power
- Linear Speed and Agility – developing the technical skills of running and changing directions